Date Posted: 2/21/2019
Working under the VP Design and Digital Strategy, the Interactive Designer/Strategist will develop designs and design approaches that meet client business goals while using best practices and current trends. Position requires a thorough understanding of digital media and web design, excellent communication skills, and the ability to present concepts to internal and external groups and articulate how proposed designs track back to business goals. As needed, the Interactive Designer/Strategist will also engage in interaction with clients, client audience members, and internal departments to develop both an understanding of a project’s business goals and design approaches to achieve them.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create user interface design, architecture, and functionality according to usability best practices, standards-compliant design, and cross-browser compatibility
- Support the Strategy team with Internet research to identify current trends and best practices that might influence design decisions for specific projects.
- Conduct guided discussions with clients and audience members using scripts prepared by the research department and summarize the important findings from those discussions
- Work closely with VP Design and Digital Strategy to understand project requirements and execute project design deliverables
- Identify how the success of proposed designs for a given project should be measured (via Google Analytics, user interviews, etc.)
- Confer with Project Managers and Project Sponsors to discuss client requirements and presentation concepts, and to coordinate creative activities
- Assist the Strategy team in preparing presentation materials and ensure that client-facing documents match Enforme brand standards
- Maintain awareness of emerging trends and propose new technology solutions to the team
- Create work within budget and scheduling requirements
- Create work that fits the client’s brand and project constraints
To perform the job successfully, the Interactive Designer/Strategist should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills. The individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Oral communication. The individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Quality management. The individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment. The individual displays willingness to make decisions exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/organizing. The individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Adobe Design software including Photoshop, Indesign, and Illustrator
- HTML, CSS
- Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Prototype tools including Sketch, Invision
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 3 years of professional web design experience
Location: Onsite at our downtown Frederick, Maryland office
Enforme helps member-driven organizations and industry meet business objectives through the smart use of contemporary online technologies. Enforme’s flagship product, Apprende, was developed from years of experience helping healthcare companies and medical and scientific associations use technology to meet business objectives. We offer a comfortable and casual work environment in the convenience of downtown Frederick.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org