IT Network Administrator I
Coordinates network and computerized management information systems
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs analysis of network needs and contributes to the design of network architecture, integration, security, and installation.
- Maintains network hardware and software, including servers, peripherals, network nodes, terminals, and wiring.
- Works with consultants to ensure that the computer system platform provides sufficient computing resources to deliver the desired level of business performance.
- Evaluates network hardware and software requirements, security, and capabilities and makes recommendations.
- Checks systems in order to optimize performance and to initiate recovery action after system failures.
- Establishes, documents, and controls systems access and security.
- Monitors and maintains network stability collects and analyzes network and memory utilization, and installs and tests software upgrades.
- Manages computer operation scheduling, backup, storage and retrieval functions.
- Coordinates third-party maintenance for network hardware, software, and telecommunications services.
- Prepares and maintains documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts.
- Develops, maintains, and tests disaster recovery plans.
- Trains users in the operations of office productivity applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills. The individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Oral communication. The individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Quality management. The individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment. The individual displays willingness to make decisions exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/organizing. The individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
An individual should demonstrate knowledge of the following networks and systems:
- Amazon Web Services cloud environment and services
- Windows Server 2012 - 2016
- Windows AD
Enforme help member-driven organizations and industry meet business objectives through the smart use of contemporary online technologies. Enforme’s flagship product, Apprende, was developed from years of experience helping healthcare companies and medical and scientific associations use technology to meet business objectives. We offer a comfortable and casual work environment in the convenience of downtown Frederick.