Director of Product Engineering
Date Posted: 04/24/2019
The Director of Product Engineering is responsible for leading the company’s engineering team in implementing thecompany’s business goals and reports directly to the CTO. The Director of Product Engineering will manage,support and provide guidance to the team of developers who are responsible for executing and maintaining theplatform.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the CTO to implement the vision and direction of the product.
- Leads development team on complete product lifecycle from concept to delivery to retirement.
- Develop standards and procedures to ensure efficiency, quality, and security are met and maintained.
- Ensures that software deficiencies are addressed with long-term durability in mind.
- Ensures that “technology debt” within the code base is being addressed.
- Lead, manage, and mentor junior staff and develops their professional competencies.
- Manages the activities and assesses the effectiveness of outsourced and international softwareengineering contractors who work on Enforme’s product.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform theessential functions of this position.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills. The individual identifies and resolves problems in a timelymanner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Oral communication. The individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations,demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Quality management. The individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstratesaccuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment. The individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accuratejudgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/organizing. The individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently anddevelops realistic action plans.
- 5 to 7 years experience developing complex, database driven web applications using ASP.NET, C#, HTML5, CSS, XML, Microsoft SQL, and jQuery
- Experience in software development, engineering, and architecture
- Experience in leading software development teams
- Experience with Solr and Lucene
Enforme helps member-driven organizations and industry meet business objectives through the smart use of contemporary online technologies. Enforme’s flagship product, Apprende, was developed from years of experience helping healthcare companies and medical and scientific associations use technology to meet business objectives. We offer a comfortable and casual work environment in the convenience of downtown Frederick.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org